Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 30, 2003, 8:44 PM   #1
Default Date and Time loss

My C5050 keeps losing the date and time. It's a drag to reset it, and often I forget. Anyone have a solution for the loss?
beachwalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2003, 9:30 PM   #2

Date, Time & Settings are preserved typically thru circuitry that uses a separate litium button battery. Check you owners manual to determine its location. If your lucky it may just need to be reseated or replaced (although yours is a new camera & lithium batteries typically last 5 years in such circuits).
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 10:40 PM   #3

Excecpt the camera doesn't use a backup battery (it most likely uses the internal high capacity flash capacitor to keep power while you swap the batteries for new ones)!

The clock is kept going with the regular batteries, and when changing them you should keep the time that batteries are out of the camera down to a minute, or else the camera will lose the time. If you are taking the batteries out, charging them, and then putting them back in the camera will lose the time, etc. When I change the batteries I always make sure I have the new set out already to be swapped, and I can do the swap procedure in 10 seconds.

If the camera is losing the time with good batteries installed, it may require a trip to Olympus. A few people have had this problem with other models. No one has said what exactly the problem is.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote