Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 7, 2003, 12:12 PM   #1
Default An amateur and a C4000Z

Hi all! I recently bought the C4000Z from Dixons, Heathrow. Got it for 200 incl. spare 64Mb card, leather case, charger and batteries. Just managed to get on the flight to Zurich. Got there, spent 5 minutes with the manual, and started snapping away the next day. The results were pretty good I thought. I am very, very pleased with this camera.

Its not tiny but thats a plus I think. The grip is comfortable and the weight reassuring. A friend recently bought the C750UZ for a lot lot more. Its a great camera but not as comfortable to carry. The simulated clicking sounds are pretty naff but I guess they can be turned off.

BTW the pics I took are at http://www.leonlobo.com/Switzerland.htm

leonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2003, 7:10 AM   #2
Default C-4000 vs. C-2100UZ

I am glad that with some recent entries the C-4000 is getting back a bit of the attention it deserves. I have been using this camera for almost a year. Image quality, sharpness and low noise are outstanding. So are the features like Super-Macro and the user customized menues.

I recently acquired a C-2100UZ. This camera opens an abundance of new opportunities; you can take pictures of anything from almost anywhere due to the combination of a powerful zoom and image stabilization. It also is a great toy. But - comparing the pictures of the two cameras is sobering, the C-4000 pictures are better by classes because of the higher resolution.

Of cause I am interested in the new Minolta Dimage A1. It seems to have all the features I am looking for. But from the first sample pictures I got the impression that the owners of that camera, like with the Dimage 7's, will again have to envy the owners of inexpensive Olympus and Canon 4 megapixel cameras for the low noise and the colour of their pictures.
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote