Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 14, 2003, 8:43 PM   #1
Default Olympus c-750

First time buyer.. I want to use a digital camera to shoot outdoor sculpture and nature
scenes with possible future gallery type display. I'm impressed with the C-750 stats and sample pictures on the net. I also love the flexibility of the 10x zoom. Yet, my knowledgeable friend really wants me to get the Canon EOS rebel - 6 meg pixel. He says that if I crop/ blow up images ( bigger than 11 by 17 , non zoomed pictures of sculpture ) with a 4 meg pixel, that the image will be compromised and I'll be sorry that I bought an inferior mid range camera. When I compare image samples on the net, the quality seems the same for both cameras. Another source said that looking at and comparing samples of images on the net is misleading and that one has to get the actual data from the cameras themselves and view them either printed out or on a photo editor. I don't want to spend
$$$ for a camera. The C-750 seems affordable
especially for first time. Comments ??
jstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2003, 12:52 AM   #2
Default He's right

Your friend is right. If you want to be able to take digital pics, crop them, then blow them up to 11*17, a 4Mp camera may not be enough for you. If you only have $500 to spend, then the olympus C-750 is a great camera. If you more to spend, look at the 8mp Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828

allanmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote