Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:55 AM   #1

Howdy all. Came across this forum when I was searching for a solution to my problem.

I just purchased a camera off of eBay (maybe my first mistake) It is an Olympus C-770 Ultra Zoom. The camera is in wonderful conditions. Barely any marks on it at all. It takes pictures great, I love the remote control and it has lots of cool features. I trust Olympus because for a while I have owned an Olympus E-10 DSLR and its a great camera too.

My problem is that when I switch to video mode, I can record just fine. But on playback (with mic on) all I get is "white static noise" coming from both the speaker and when I load the video onto my computer. If I scream into the cameras microphone then I can hear myself *barely* and I have no luck plugging my gaming headset into the "mic" port on the camera and talking into it...still static.

Any ideas? Do I need to take it apart and look for a loose wire or something?

I assume it is out of warranty by now, and am sending this description into Olympus for help...but I was going to ask if anyone else has had this issue. I love the MPG4 video...its awesome, but no sound is an issue because I like to record videos of me driving my 1966 Mustang around.

minter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links