Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 26, 2008, 8:28 AM   #1

I've been looking for a camera I can take snorkeling and I was looking at the 1030w but I saw someone locally is selling the SP-700 with an underwater housing for about 200.00

Has anyone used this camera? If so how did you like the results, IQ, and performance?
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:46 PM   #2

Hi: the SP-700 came out in 2005 so it's technology is a few years older than the 1030sw, but it has a larger LCD finder, and decent movie capability, and the underwater housings were not cheap.

If the camera is in good shape, I would go for the SP-700 at that price. You could probably use it for a while, and if you decided to later move up to a new camera, you could probably sell it for at least $150 or so. So I vote for the used SP-700.

Good luck.

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:40 AM   #3

Thats, what I was leaning towards and I actually even picked up a 1030sw to take pictures at the same time and see how the two compared. Suprisingly even though the 1030sw is a few years newer when I took the same picture with each set to max quality and size the SP-700 was sharper and has grain/noise in the shot.

So I took the 1030sw back and got the SP-700 used w/ housing
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote