Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 13, 2008, 10:25 PM   #1

Hello all,

I'm looking for a camera that I can usefor sports (mostly horse competitions), landscape, wildlife, etc. I've been researching the Olympus SP-570 UZ and I think it sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm new to this though so if you have any suggestions or advice please don't hesitate to post. I havea few beginner questions. Does the quality of the picture staythe samewhen using the sequentia shooting mode or does it go down?Are the bursts fairy quick to process (I know it would depend on the size/amount of pictures, I'm asking generally)? I have a question about the focus too. How quick will the camera focus on a moving object? With the horses galloping and jumping I need something that will focus right away so I won't miss the horse going over the jump while I'm trying to get the camera focused.

Like I said I'm very new to this but I really want to learn. The camera that I have now is very basic so it has a very minimal amount of features. I had a bad back injury in the fall which has left me with a lot of free time on my hands. I would like to get a camera that is of high enough qualityso I won't grow out of itright awaybut also easy enough for a beginner to use and understand. I'm sure I'll have more questions for everyone :-).

Thanks very much,

JaimeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2008, 12:43 PM   #2

I have been fooling around with cameras for maybe 2 years, my experience is at best average. I went from a Fuji Fine Pix S700 (Excellent camera at the time for the price), Olympus SP-560UZ, and a few days ago to a SP-570UZ. Have tried many cameras in between.
So... personally, all things considered, ($) I felt the SP-570 was the best choice.

It's probably the closest thing to a DSLR camera you can get. Lots of pre set scene modes, there is the ability to set up your own modes. It can be simple, or very complicated. If you learn this camera inside out, you can operate any camera.

I am the type of person who does to much research (Paralysis by analysis).

So check out these links.

or just google 'Review Olympus SP-570' and you will get many hits.

Another good option is to go to Flickr.com, and go to group searches, type in the camera you want, and you'll get many groups with pictures taken by that camera.

Markrod59 is offline   Reply With Quote