Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 30, 2003, 4:45 PM   #1
Default OLY 2288x1712 HQ vs, SHQ ?

I have a new Oly C-750 & mostly print 4x6s. Will there be a noticeable dfference in prints between HQ and SHQ modes at 2288x1712?
jcgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2003, 5:20 PM   #2

I'm far from an expert but I'd say no......printing that small you will not notice a difference......thing is how do you know you'll just want to print that size?
I always shoot in the higher SHQ because you never know when you might wanna blow up that once in a lifetime shot and have it looking its best. It helps to have a large memory card as I do...I'd say always shoot as big high as you can...TIFF would be the best bet but thats a bit to big of a file even for my 256meg card.
slickShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 5:30 PM   #3

The only time that I have seen a difference between HQ and SHQ is when you would print 8X10. Slickshooter pointed this out in his comments. I could tell very little difference in the 8X10 print between HQ and SHQ except in the shadow areas. I prefer to shoot in SHQ because memory is cheap. A few years back HQ was my standard when memory was more expensive.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 5:58 PM   #4

Even on my 2mp C-700 I use HQ most of the time...I did use SHQ only at first, but switched to HQ when I didn't notice enough difference...I switch to SHQ for those important pictures.

Don't forget, it's not just less capacity the pictures take up on a card but also less writing time as well.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote