Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:07 PM   #1

I show the capabilities of this camera as a MICROSCOPE. ASA 64, 1/40 sec; f 3.5 supermacro, manual focus; take a look at the increasing magnification. As most of you know, the appearance of a WHITE background on the LCD screen means an equal intensity of red, blue, and green. Thus, as we go up in magnification, we see that WHITE is translated into red, blue, and green. Thus the brain interprets white as this equal distribution of these three primary colors. Obviously, the red-blue-green stripes are less than human resolution with the unaided eye. That is why we see "white". However, this magnificent Olympus camera shows that it can actually MAGNIFY. This was just a "quickie". I will now work on seeing what these fantastic lenses can really do!

In the meantime, try this yourself. Of course, you will need a tripod.

Have fun and let me have your comments. I have not found a point and shoot camera that even comes close to this Olympus. If you are in the market for a truly magnificent optical instrument, GET IT! Yes, the learning curve is steep, but the rewards are great as you can see.

Malcolm July 13, 2008

Attached Images
malcolm10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links