Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 28, 2002, 10:03 AM   #1
Default C-3040 HOT PIXELS on the CCD! Help !

About 1 month after my warranty expired I find that I have 6 hot pixels on the CCD of my C-3040. DAMN!

I have tried taking shots of varing shutter speeds and varying ISO settings but it makes no difference. They are very noticable, especially at night and I find that I now have to ritually run all my images through Photoshop to clean them up once I download images to my PC... You can imagine how annoying this is!

Is this a common problem with Olympus cameras? What causes the hot pixels? Is there any way to get rid of it?

Does anyone know how much Olympus would charge to replace the CCD? I am wondering if I should send it in for repair or if I should throw this camera in the bin and buy a new one from another manufacturer.

Note that the LCD display has about 4 dead pixels as well.

I only used the camera about 10 times since I bought it, and this is very disappointing for an AUD$2000 camera!!

If it wasn't for this flaw in the CCD this would be a close to perfect camera. Now it just disappoints me.
Binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 2:16 AM   #2

Try writing a letter to Olympus. If you employ a bit of diplomacy it's possible they may offer something more than a standard full price repair.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote