Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:24 PM   #1

EDIT: My apologies for this post. Somehow, I thought I was posting to the SLR forum. I'll move on.

My wife and I are buying an E3 in the next two weeks. We've researched the heck out of dSLRs and find the E3 to be our best match. (We now use P&S cameras and a Panasonic FZ50, with previous SLR experience in film only.)

One quandary. Money is a factor. So we've decided to get the 70-300mm (for wildlife, a mutual passion). But we're in limbo between the 12-60mm and the 14-54mm. I realize it's a common dilemma, but we still can't decide. From a budgetary standpoint, the 14-54mm seems like a winner.

I've also read some of the discussions here. So my question is -- if we go with the 14-54mm, will we regret the $400 that we should have applied to the 12-60mm? Would it be prudent to swallow the cost at the start and just get the 12-60mm? Or, will the 14-54mm be a decent enough walk about lens.

Usage: General daily use -- city photos, people photos, some landscape (but no need for super wide angle right now), macros, nature.

Thanks for your kind insight.

~ Jack
Jack Figgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links