Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:17 AM   #1

I recently bought a stylus 1030 and about 2 weeks ago I took some shots in the water (pool). So it was ok, it was cool and it worked fine under water. Just under the surface of the water.

2 weeks later I take it to 6 flags and get on the congo rapids ride (water ride)

I took some video while we were getting splashed by water and camera was working fine.

About 10 minutes later after the ride I decide to take some dry shots and when I turn it on, the camera shows a frozen screen of what it first sees when you turn it on. Accompanied by 4 beeps. (The same beeps you get when you get warned about formatting the picture card) And after the beeps, the camera shuts off. When the camera shuts off, the lens cover does not close, it stays open.

i couldn't take any pics after that. However, in play mode, the camera works fine. Just any other mode is malfunctioning.

I tried a second battery, took out the picture card but nothing.

Very disappointed with this camera as it's brand new.

There was no sign of water inside the 2 compartments that you can open (battery and usb port). And I was very careful with it, checking to make sure everything compartment is closed bedore I even went on the ride.

If anyone has any info on this, please post. If not , this serves as a FYI for those who bought this camera.
y2k2s2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links