Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:36 AM   #1

Hi there.....I hope this is the right place to post a question, apologies if it is not.

Somehow I have managed to lock allthe pictures on my camera, It will not let me delete them, take any photographs or upload them on to the pc, all the pics on the camera have a green key sign on them.I have misplaced my manual & can't seem to unlock them for the life of me. I do apologise for such a trivial question but I am a mere begginner. Any help in this matter will be most gratefull.

McBurmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:40 AM   #2

I don't know the answer. But, you can download a .pdf version of your camera's manual here:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 1:04 AM   #3

Cheers Jim

I had to go in to Set-up- format & delete all the pics I had on there,a shame but it seems to have sorted the problem out. Basically, everytime I wanted to delete something, Write protect would appear on the screen. When I went in to playback menu which the manual tells you do, it wouldn't let me get on to the feature to unprotect it.

When I googled 'write protect, olympus sp570uz', it came up with a few ideas that were already posted on this forum. It says something about a switch on the xd card, mine has a little notch in it but I couldn't see no switch.

Cheers for your help.
McBurmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:23 PM   #4

The camera write-protect is turned on and off by the 570UZ camera menu. When viewing the photo, you go to the write protect menu. You simply change the selection from "on" to "off" for the photo.

See the illustration of the menu selection as shown at the top of page 50 of the instruction manual.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote