Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:01 AM   #1

So from reading Olympus' specs about their digital image stabilization it seems like it isn't that great of a method. Im looking at the specs on the 1030 SW. Im sure they have a different way of doing it with their higher end cameras...

anyways, unless Im missing something all they are basically doing is using high ISO's to get faster shutter speeds to eliminate motion blur, which works to some extent but at some point your images are going to get a lot of noise with the higher ISO's.

So im curious as to if anyone has any complaints with this setup and if they are getting really noisy pictures.

ive been really interested in their 1030 SW but am not to excited about their digital IS system. and I know a lot of their other camera's use this same method.

firstascent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:22 PM   #2

IMO the Digital Stabilization System is worth next to nothing. I have it on my E-410 and E-420 cameras. It is the same system that was installed on videocams in the 1980's.

Therefore, I treat my two cameras as if they had no useable IS system at all, and it seems to work. Here is a sample photo.
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote