Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:52 PM   #1

The batteries in my E-10 run out of juice almost immedietly, and always have. I love the pictures it takes but I feel like throwing it out the window sometimes. Is there something I can do differently to make them last longer? And I don't mean get rechargeable batteries. It's not about the expense entirely, I just can't imagine the freaking thing was designed this way. The point is maybe I'm not doing everything I can to make them last longer. WTF?
Doug53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2009, 7:10 PM   #2

Well Doug,

What kind of batteries are you using now? From your statement, "And I don't mean get rechargeable batteries.", I gather you're not. A set of quality NiMH's should get you several hours of shooting with that cam.

And I believe the freaking thing was designed to use NiMH batteries...at least that Olympus recommends.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:28 PM   #3

This is an older model digital, and the power suppies, and chipsets in the camera were not as efficient as with newer models.

You will get the longest battery life with CR-V3 lithium batteries, but they are quite expensive. Rechargeable NIMH with ratings of 2500 mAH or greater should also give good life.

As to what you can do to maximize battery life, use the LCD as little as possible. The viewfinder, I believe uses less power, so do your shooting with it. Set the auto power-off to a fairly short time, and don't use the on-camera flash. Get an off-camera dedicater flash, which will have more power anyway.

Good luck.

VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote