Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 22, 2009, 7:07 AM   #1

My camera was working fine until i suddenly started getting this "write protect error" everytime i turn on the camera. Because of this, im unable to take new pictures or transfer the already saved pictures to my pc.

please tell me how to remove this error. By the way, im also unable to access the "playback menu" where the option to "lock" or "unlock" files for protection exists. I have never used this option to protect any images. i dont know how the "write protect" was activated. Please help me deactivate it.
sunshine20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:12 AM   #2

sunshine20 wrote:
Quote:
My camera was working fine until i suddenly started getting this "write protect error" everytime i turn on the camera. Because of this, im unable to take new pictures or transfer the already saved pictures to my pc.

please tell me how to remove this error. By the way, im also unable to access the "playback menu" where the option to "lock" or "unlock" files for protection exists. I have never used this option to protect any images. i dont know how the "write protect" was activated. Please help me deactivate it.
Even i have the same problem

I have an Olympus 830. Yestrrday i copied some of the pics to a PC via USB. the PC detected a virus and i shifted that virus to antivirus vault. After copying the photos i removed the camera. But now, whenever i turn on the camera, it says WRTE PROTECTED. is this a problem with my cam, how do i solve it?? When i reconneted the camera to my PC i can view the photos on my PC....But i cannot TAKE OR VIEW PICTURES from :?the camera.
prasaddhamal is offline   Reply With Quote