Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 12, 2003, 7:34 PM   #1
Default Need help choosing a telephoto and wideangle lens for C-4000

Hi. Let me first start out by saying that any help that you can give me is truly appreciated. I recently bought an Olympus C-4000. I really love the camera but I have decided that I need to get a telephoto lens.

What brand is the best when purchasing a telephoto lens? What telephot lens is the best bang for the money? I want to get a telephoto lens with the least distortion possible. Thanks for trying to help.

Would it be worthwhile to get wideangle lens also? If you know of any wideangle lenses that are worthwhile please tell me about them also. Once again thanks for your help.
Wissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:21 PM   #2

Try going to http://www.2filters.com/...
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:04 PM   #3

www.2filters.com is a great resource for adapters, filters, and lens. I have the Tcon 17 telephoto and it works great with the Olympus cameras..www.jrmusic.com sells it for $98. Do not know of any wide angle lens.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:37 PM   #4

Repeating what I posted in the add-on lens forum on the subject (for those who don't go there):

I suggest looking at Raynox lenses. I have a Canon wide angle .7x, and I'm only moderately happy with it (compared to the Raynox DCR-6600PRO, which I'll probably buy next year). Here's a page showing the lenses on a C-4040 closest they have to the C-4000), as well as sample shots:
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote