Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:19 AM   #1
Default Digital camera video time limit

Hey guys

I'm new here and i have a question that i'm not sure of where to post it so my best guess was here.
Just got olympus 1050 SW digital camera and bought 8gb microSD card hoping to make lot of photos + some inetersting movies in decent quality.. until i realized something. In VGA format (640 x 480) and 30 fps mode of recording this camera has 10 sec time limit no matter how much space i have on my memory card.
So i was wondering if there is any way to remove it, bypass it or go over that "protection" by any means. Thing is i don't see any reason for that time limit, any reason at all.... tnx in advance
Zzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:19 AM   #2

I too own that camera to use in the rain etc. I was too saddened by that as well. I contact Olympus and read the manual and found out if you go into the movie mode quailty menu you can set it for 15fps (640 x 480) and get over 40 minutes of video on an 8GB card or set it to 320 x 240 at 30fps and get the same results. There is no way to bypass this that I know of. Has something to do with the fact of how fast the sensor in the camera heats up etc.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote