Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 1, 2003, 3:01 AM   #1
Default Saving pictures after download from camera

I'm trying to modify pictures transferred from my Stylus 400. I copied them from the camera/chips using Explorer into folders.... Now I try to use Paint Shop Pro to rotate the sideways ones and it won't save them after rotation. I went through and turned off the "read-only" bit in all the pix, but it still won't work....any ideas??? thanks....
hapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:14 PM   #2

What version of PSP are you using?

I found that version 8.01 had a [several] bug when saving .jpg files. This problem has now been fixed in version 8.10. The problem that I ran into was that PSP would hang up when attempting to save [any] form of JPEG file based on the original, out-of-the-camera file. BTW, I didn't experience this problem with PSP 7.04.

I used the following [cumbersome] workaround until v 8.10 was released: save the file fresh out-of-the-camera file in one of the native psp file formats or photoshop file formats rather than .jpg, using either SaveAs or SaveACopy commands. Then open this new file and resave as .jpg if you absolutely must save in JPEG format. (I always use Save A Copy so as to not overwrite my original image file)

If this is your situation, I recommend that you down load the 8.10 upgrade patch.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote