Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:52 AM   #1
Default Olympus C-740-has anyone owned this model

Has anyone owned a C-740-and how did/do you like it?

I just got myself one from thrift store.

I find it to very impressive-I like the WB fine tuning,TIFF mode and multi-metering the best.

The manual controls on it are very easy to use-I like to have mine on A/S/M mode most times.
babya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2010, 2:00 AM   #2

Hello, babya,
I still have and use the C-750, almost identical to C-740, which is an excellent camera (for my needs 9 years ago), and difficult to replace!
There is a problem though, it runs out of (fully charged 2700mA) batteries in just few hours, even NOT having any use (taking photographs, using the menu etc). On the other hand, I can take more than 500 photographs, if I do this continusly.
Olympus says it is not worth repairing it, but I dont want to through away that camera, so, when not in use, I keep the battery cap open... Does anybody know something to help me?
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:57 PM   #3

Well, I got a C-700 back in 2003, and I recently picked up a C-750 for $40. I like them just fine.

My use for them though is for times when I don't want to use, or risk taking either my E-300 or E-330.

And I'm getting a Stylus 850SW for inclement weather too (as well as shooting underwater).

Anyway, from what I remember the C-740 was a stripped-down version of the C-750 (but then again, C-750 doesn't have some features my C-700 had, like variable speed zoom, I REALLY miss that when I use the C-750).

Last edited by Mikefellh; Jun 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote