Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 11, 2002, 7:06 AM   #1
Default Bad CCD pixels E-100RS

Frys had E-100RS on sale yesterday at $377 for open box units. I was aware of the potential pixel problem but at that price I had to take chance. Sure enough this has 3 bad pixels and of course they are now out of stock and unable to exchange it. What is Olympus' policy on replacements?
hhhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2002, 9:38 PM   #2

If it's still under warranty you can send it to Olympus and they will correct the problem pixels free of charge (minus the shipping you have to pay to send your camera to them). If it's out of warranty, they may or may not charge you their $385 minimum fee to fix it.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2002, 9:57 AM   #3

Don't worry; Olympus will fix the camera. You just bought it right? It's probably a blessing in disguise, considering the excellent price you paid. Olympus will mostly likely go over the whole thing AND recalibrate it, too. Good luck with your new purchase. It's an excellent camera and you got it for an excellent price. People are STILL scrambling to scoop these cameras up, and are paying as much as $800 bucks from what I have read on the web. Olympus will fix it all, and even though you will have to pay the shipping, you've still really gotten a goodie. Let us know how you make out. Best wishes,

Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2002, 9:32 PM   #4

they will fix it for you.
I had two bad pixels
sent it back they fixed it.
Then they sent me a extended 2 yr.
warranty plus they upgraded the calibration on it. They are pretty good about fixing stuff , they may throw in a free smart media card or something , ya never know .

[Edited on 6-25-2002 by wvyankeegurl]
wvyankeegurl is offline   Reply With Quote