Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 10, 2003, 6:29 PM   #1
Default Olympus 750 or Nikon 5700

I've been researching th UZ market for months and had settled on the Olympus 750. However I now see that with the Nikon rebate that the 5700 is only about $100 more than the 750. While the 750 is an excellent camera everything that I read seems to favor the Nikon. I know I'll be giving up a little range and picking up a meg of pixels if I change to the Nikon.

I would be interested in any thoughts one way or the other. I plan on having the camera for a long period of time.

Keith Stedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:24 AM   #2

I've heard nothing but criticizm of the Nikon's conrol button placement and menu layout.
In contrast, Olympus is highly regarded in this respect.
maury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 11:06 AM   #3

I went from the C740Z to the Nikon 5700 and am very happy with my decision. I have been an Olympus user for six years before I bought the 5700. The controls will require some practice but are very valuable when you understand their purposes. You can setup up three user profiles and switch between those settings without every entering the menu system. It is great when you change from indoor to outdoor shooting. I love the moveable LCD panel and quick mode button to view photos. I also like the Best Shot Selector (BSS) another good feature of the 5700.

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 1:38 PM   #4
Default 3040 => 5700

I agree with Phil regarding 5700.

It is a very good choice.

I also was Olympus lowers for 5 years with 3040 and do not regret my decission to go for more powerful camera.

akouzmit is offline   Reply With Quote