Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 16, 2003, 3:52 PM   #1
Default Pretty good deal...

I happened upon a brand new Olympus c3040z in box on clearance for $199. :shock:

I knew that it was a quality camera and I didn't need the latest and greatest. I mainly wanted something for snapshots, since I have full Canon EOS film system for quality work. Yes, I know that Smartmedia is on it's way out, but for the price, I couldn't find anything that was nearly as cabable. So I went ahead and got it 8)

My question for the forum is regarding firmware for this camera. Olympus doesn't seem to offer the firmware upgrade downloads like Canon or Nikon. I have heard that some dealers do firmware upgrades. Does anyone know of there are any upgrades available for the 3040z? If so, what improvements are to be had?
Billbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2003, 5:07 PM   #2

That really is an excellent buy. Great catch. Do not worry about the SM cards they are very available on the internet and many stores. This camera has a great lens. You would have to send the camera to Olympus for any firmware upgrades. Since the camera is new I believe that Olympus would do a firmware upgrade for free.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote