Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 18, 2003, 3:58 PM   #1
Default Newbie wants to know if this is how a 750 is supposed to be.

I have just bought a 750 based on a lot of research and amount of good reviews (was considering dx6940)

However I am very surprised that it seems to have 3 annoying features and want to know if these are normal are am I missing something.

1) Quality of auto focus either indoors or at high zoom. I tried several indoor shots of my wife with full zoom and the shots are poorly focused

2) What happens when you press the button - there is lots of wirring, the viewfinder goes dark, focus shifts in and out, then goes semi-dark and then after what seems an age but is probably .75 secs, finally takes the shot - just too long when trying to capture active kids.

3) White balance in view finder/lcd screen - using indoor it looks very yellow

For all the above I am using full auto.

given the excellent reviews this camera has received I am surprised at my initial findings.

All feedback gratefully received - particulary as to whether what I have described is "normal" for this camera.
jackpohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2003, 4:21 PM   #2

Using full zoom will produce poor quality pictures in poor lighting conditions. The pictues will be out of focus especially if you are not using a tripod and subject makes even the slightest movement. You can improve this technique by using a tripod during longer exposure times. You also need to use manual settings on white balance to rid the yellow appearance of the photos. You also need to press the shutter halfway down to let the camera autofocus before pressing the shutter fully. The c750 can be used to make the shots you are wanting but you will need to learn more about the manual settings and use a tripod.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote