Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:57 AM   #1
Default C-720 questions

Ok, maybe some of you out there can help me with these questions...

I've had a C-720 for over a year and have yet to take a good picture indoors at night. They always turn out yellow, even with a flash. Can anyone give me suggestions how to fix this?

Also, I have a problem taking pictures outside at night, say at a football game where the stands and the field are brightly lit. I have a hard time getting pics that are in focus.

I'm very frustrated with this camera. I have an old Pentax K-1000 which takes very nice pics. I'm ready to ditch the digital and go back to film. :x
julz137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2003, 7:36 PM   #2

I just purchased a c-720. It was a re-furb. Turns out that every photo shop that I checked out had them. Why? Was there a problem with this model? I was able to get a really good price. $250.00 including 2-128mb smart media cards, case, and cleaning kit. But, I'm still not sure about this camera. The flash works too well indoors. Most of the flash photos appear all washed out due to a very bright flash. I also agree that in low lighting, it does not focus very well. Outdoor shots are very good.
Our first digital camera was a Fuji 2600(2mb). Our daughter uses that one. But this is the only camera that I have to compare to.
Any comments on how to get the best out of this camera will be much appreaciated.
Thanks, Glenn
quattroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:28 PM   #3

Quite a few of our Olympus 700-Series group have 720's, including myself and can offer suggestions at http://groups.msn.com/Olympus700Series

I experimented with the exposure compensation and improved the quality of my indoor flash photos, but you have to remember to adjust it back to normal when you shoot under other conditions. Look at page 84 in the 720's CD manual.

Jerry Backof is offline   Reply With Quote