Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 26, 2003, 1:53 AM   #1
Default I dropped and broke my c4000 lens HELP ME PLEASE

Hi there

(sorry for my english, I'm from Quebec)

So here is the problem...

At my family's Xmas party, I dropped my oly c-4000 while it was on.

The little "tube" or the "scope" (sorry I dont know how to say it in english) that goes "out" of the camera when you turn it on (lens I think ?) went out of the camera due to the shock against the ground.

here is a link you can click on the see exactly what's gone out of the camera... so u can understand more what I'm saying here...

Fortunately, nothing really broke. I can still turn the camera on and take pictures (even if they are really really blurry since the len is not there anymore..), and look at the picture on my memory card and all this stuff...

I don't think it's a MAJOR problem but I'd like you to tell me some advices on what to do...

So, I'm wondering if I can go to a digital camera shop and have it repaired... The lens (or the scope.. u know... what goes out of the camera when u turn it on...) is out of the camera itself but it is not really broken ... the pieces are intact...

Can I ask a guy at the digital camera to fix the scope and the lens back on it as it were before I dropped it ? Do I have to replace the lens and the "scope" ?

Please help me! Since I'll surely need to buy a new len, could u recommend me a good len ? I'm ready to put 75-100 dollars in it. Note that I'm just a newbie, I don't want some professionnal stuff hehe

thanks a lot for any help you could provide

Olivier12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links