Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 30, 2003, 6:39 AM   #11

The Tcon17 is a 1.7x teleconverter. This will work very well with the C5050. The c750 at full zoom does not always need a tripod. In good light I rarely used a tripod. In lower light conditions you will more than likely need a tripod or monopod.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:37 AM   #12

I've had the c-700 for around 2 years now,took thousands of pics,never used a tripod,(just bought a 750 btw),in most conditions it will take great shots,if needed,i lean against something to stabalize myself.....,a great example is in the album i did after my dad passed away,i followed the candle down....you can view it on my albums,in all,i love the versatillity the UZ gives you.
Foxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 9:23 AM   #13

I couldn't decide between the 5050 or the 5060, so I bought both of them with the idea that one would go back. After shooting with them both I decided I liked the 5050. I liked it's looks (very subjective) and I liked how it took my current batch of AA batteries. Keep in mind I'm a newbie. But I figured the best camera to have is the one I love to have with me and that was the 5050.
Edited portion here: I did like the 5060 as far as quieter lens extending and the flip around LCD was great especially for protecting the LCD when it's in a bag. I did buy the 5050 used from eBay and the 5060 new from Amazon. I couldn't justify keeping the 5060 at this point since I'm so new to digital photography.
My recommendation is to try to use both and figure out which one is best for you at this time. Neither are obsolete and either could be resold when you want to upgrade.
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote