Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:14 AM   #1
Default Focus Factor Oly UZ2100

I have an Olympus UZ2100 and after taking several thousand pics with it I'm having trouble with the focusing. When I zoom in or out it sometimes won't refocus at the new "focal length". Has anyone had this problem and is it costly to fix? Just bought a new D-Rebel
but still want to keep the 2100 for backup. Help!
genohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2004, 3:06 AM   #2

Hi this happened to me a few months ago and I posted on here but the general opnion was to get it sent off.

Mine got worse and I could hear a slight noise.. It started sticking real bad when I used zoom and simply wouldn't focus at full zoom

On a whim I gave the camera a bloody god shake and I havent had the problem since...I have took over a thousand pics since it happened a few months ago and no problem..

Please dont give your camera a good shake and damage it then blame me All I can say is thats how mine fixed itself.. I am guessing maybe grit or soemhting got in the mechanism.. thats just a wild guess though.
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 9:04 AM   #3

Sent one of mine in for repair under warranty for the exact same symptoms. The repair report stated that the wide/tele zoom switch was defective and had to be replaced. Hope this helps!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote