Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:29 PM   #1
Default Olympus 750 Lens Retraction

I am a profesional photographer and 4 months back I purchased this 750 NEW!! and have been the one and only user.
Yesterday I found that it would not auto focus at full zoom and at the same time the lens would not retract.
The warranty shop informs me that the lens has suffered a slight shock wich has resulted in this malfuntion and at that time told them that they were full of it.
I know what the problem is but they will not admit it.
The problem is a lemon of a motor drive for the lens,but try and get anyone connected with Olymus to admit there is a problem in this area !!.
Doug :lol: :lol:
Dougmchardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2004, 2:00 AM   #2

I likewise don't like what appears to be a weak link in the long lens of the 750/755. I have decided to leave the filter adapter tube installed full time as an additional protection to the lens; I also leave the camera power on most of the time and just let the automatic OFF function operate. That leaves the lens at full extension, so no need to extend and retract each time.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 7:44 PM   #3

As soon as I bought the camera I noticed the lens looked fragile so I immediately bought a 52mm tube and keep it on the camera full time to prevent any possible issues. It may still fail but I will be able to argue that it suffered no impacts or abuse.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote