Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:19 PM   #1

Default SP 570 UZ help...

Hey all.. Butcher here from Northern Ontario Canada
I'm new to the site, and also relatively new to digital Camera's
I have an Olympus SP 570 UZ I am not very familiar with going into the Camera's settings and changing anything EI contrast / saturation, vivid / natural, ETC... or even in the Camera's menu and making changes to drives, fine zooms, digital zooms ETC.. there is a lot in this cam that I have little to no clue's to what would be some good basic settings to what I like to take pics of, and they are mainly Landscapes while we are out hunting or on the water in the boat, I am hoping someone can help me with taking pics of water falls with blurred (moving) water, and night scenes where the stars can be seen, also How does the Lens remove to change / add other lens's? I've been looking around through some posts here, and see some awesome photography!! I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two from y'all here, I look forward to getting to know people, and obtaining some knowledge to getting a good start.
butcher0672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher0672 View Post
Hey all.. Butcher here from Northern Ontario Canada
I'm new to the site, and also relatively new to digital Camera's
I have an Olympus SP 570 UZ I am not very familiar with going into the Camera's settings and changing anything EI contrast / saturation, vivid / natural, ETC... or even in the Camera's menu and making changes to drives, fine zooms, digital zooms ETC.. there is a lot in this cam that I have little to no clue's to what would be some good basic settings to what I like to take pics of, and they are mainly Landscapes while we are out hunting or on the water in the boat, I am hoping someone can help me with taking pics of water falls with blurred (moving) water, and night scenes where the stars can be seen, also How does the Lens remove to change / add other lens's? I've been looking around through some posts here, and see some awesome photography!! I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two from y'all here, I look forward to getting to know people, and obtaining some knowledge to getting a good start.
Well, to start with, you won't be changing any lenses with the 570. It's a fixed-lens camera (sometimes known as a bridge camera), not a DSLR. There are countless numbers of instructional websites that answer the other questions. I used to own the 570 and it's a great little camera. Very versatile and it produces excellent images ONCE YOU LEARN HOW TO USE IT. Don't expect to learn it in a week. It's a pretty sophisticated piece of gear.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:38 PM   #3

G'day mate

Consider yourself lucky that you have one of the Oly UZ cameras with manual controls ... after yours Oly seemed to dumb-down most of their UZ cameras to become exclusively auto models

You have an excellent camera there - as Gary says ^ - and it has lots of options for differing usage

My suggesstion to start with would be to abandon Auto and use Program as a semi-auto mode as this will give you access to all the built in menus and other nifty bitz

Play with it lots & lots, read the manual to discover little bits here 'n there

Set up a FLickr site for public display of your images and then use it to bounce images here so that we can admire your work

Hope this helps a bit
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:00 AM   #4

Thanks for the Tips guys!! I do play with it as much as I can, Guess I have some reading up to do first thing is to get my self a Tri-pod
butcher0672 is offline   Reply With Quote