Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Default C2100 and TCON-17

I also posted this question on another portion of the forum. I'm hoping that someone would know if the TCON-17 is a good match for the 2100. I have tried a Tiffen 2X and a Kenko KNT20, which I already owned, and neither seemed compatible. These two lenses have worked reasonably well with my Oly C4000 and a JVC camcorder. I really enjoy the UZI but would like to stretch it out a little, if it's possible. Any info and/or advice would be appreciated.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:59 PM   #2
Default TCon lenses........

OK.... I've said this before., but here goes again. You have to be careful of "aftermarket" lenses (most of them are SH*T!!!!) I shoot with the Olympus Tcon-17, with awesome results on my c750. I couldn't tell you how well it would work on your cam, but I can tell you it would PROBABLY be better than any of those other *CHEAP* ones (ie. KENKO!!!!(they SUCK!!!!)!!!! A piece of advice, Don't sink any money into a company who makes one lens that is supposed to work with any camera that you can screw, tape, glue, or otherwise fashion it to. Go with the Olympus.... You will not be dissapointed. Check on the Olympus website (www.olympusamerica.com), see if the Tcon-14 or Tcon-17 is the right lens. Sorry I couldn't answer your question precisely for your cam.....but please take my advice. Why pay $75 for a lens the produces OK results, when you can "dig a little deeper" and get great results?
jayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 11:42 AM   #3
Default A fine choice, sir...

Dave -

The TCON-17 with a C-2100 is a dynamite combination. Check Pemaraal Online for some specific examples of this combination (and comparison to a couple other lenses) ( http://www.b-300.com/compare3.html and http://www.b-300.com/compare4.html ) They sell the lens for ~$99 (US) plus shipping (~$8.00).

I bought both of my add-on lenses from Pemaraal and found the service to be impeccable.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-07
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2004, 8:59 AM   #4

The TCON-1.7x teleconverter works great with the UZI. You'll need a 49-55mm step up ring for it to mate directly with the camera.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote