Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:09 PM   #1
Default FE-340 does not focus

I have an Olympus FE-340 and the digital viewer does not focus. Everything is so out of focus that you cannot tell what the picture is. The menu options appear normal. I have attached a picture. Also, the wide/telephoto lever turns the camera off. I don't know if it is related to the viewer. I have reset the camera several times, and nothing is working. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
mommarosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:27 PM   #2

I am not at all familiar with the camera, but sometimes, with many cameras, removing the battery and leaving it out for a day or two, will allow the internal settings to revert to normal. You can usually tell by checking the clock and calendar settings - if they have the correct date/time, the internal backups haven't reset and you will need to give it a longer period without battery in it.

VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:00 PM   #3
Default Thank you

Thank you for your help, but I have tried this already, and still the same problem.
mommarosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:02 PM   #4

It sounds like the lens guide pin has gotten damaged. This usually means a trip to the repair shop. As the FE-340 can be picked up on e-bay for usually between $35 to $75, it may be cheaper to just buy another FE-340. Just make sure the seller is confirming that the camera is in good working order and you will have the e-bay guarantee that the product will work when you receive it.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote