Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:40 AM   #1
Default OLYMPUS STYLUS TG-3 Tough - big issue !!!

In May 2014, I bought this waterproof Olympus TG-3 camera. When I went to beach or water pool, I always took this camera for taking beautiful pictures. Before get out the SD card, all water will be cleaned and then keep TG-3 in dry. (I use this camera less than 10 times under water.)

But next year, on 19th March, 2015, we went to Boracay and took Olympus TG-3 for diving. The depth is not over 15 meters according to operation manual of Olympus TG-3. Unfortunately, the water still flowed into camera and I cannot turn on it, so I took out the battery and SD card after dry camera right now. Then, this item was sent to Olympus for RMA. In warranty, I cannot believe they need to charge me NT$10000 for repairing. They judged this RMA issue because of personal mistake. I cannot accept it!!!

Please refer below info.:

2015.03.19 – skin diving normal

P3190413 – first picture, time is: 11:05

P3190539 – on landing, time is: 11:38

View: original size

total minute is 38 – 05min = 33 min under water (find attached more photo )

In March 20th, – 11~12 meters diving

P3201968 – first picture, time is 10:45

P3202004 – problem happened , time is 10:55

View: original size

Total minute is 55 – 45min = 10 min under water (find attached more photo )

As you can see, my friend used G16 to take a picture when I brought my TG-3. In picture, the battery door keep in lock for sure.

At the same time, below photos show all attachments are not fake since I used TG-3 for G16 to take a picture.

Yuanyu.tw Send back to DISTI for testing, they replied me as below:

After airtightness test, the result is no problem!! Therefore, we judged this issue due to personal mistake.

If you’d like to repair, please pay NT10000 to Yuanyu.tw

Can you believe that??? I’m not stupid to open the battery door under water, and I didn’t take this TG-3 to over 15 meter. Why did they think this problem is because of me???

Their advisement indicated this camera is waterproof and can afford 15 meter under water!!! So, I only used it for 10 min and under 11-12 meters. Then, what’s happened?? Anyone can tell me what’s going on? I believe this advisement didn’t tell the truth, maybe it exaggerated.

Please consider it if you’d like to buy it. Or, don’t bring this camera to under water. Otherwise, the factory won’t help you repair it for free, even still in warranty. Just like me

Share this article to your friends, let them think carefully before purchase any products.

I definitely won’t pay this expense for repairing, since my camera still in 1 year warranty. No sense!!!
freehifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links