Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1
Default C-750 or C-765 or C-770 or C-5060

I am thinking of buying one of the above cameras (C-750,765,770 or 5060). I am so confused which one to choose. I heard a lot about C-750; it was rated as #3 and currently #4 camera in PC World. Tne new C-765 sells for almost $100 less. Does anyone know why? I would imagine that new imporved camera would sell for more. Has anyone bought C-765 that can provide a review and hopefully some pictures? How about C-5060? Any comments about this one? Thank you all.
Silvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2004, 11:12 AM   #2

Decide first do you want extreme wide angles, or to get close to far away things...then you can decide between the C-5060WideZoom, and the UltraZooms in your list.

Of course you can add converter lenses to either camera giving it more range (for instance, I can put a Raynox .66x on the C-7x0, and it would turn the 38mm-380mm lens into a 25-250mm, which is a little wider than the C-5060's 27mm), but it depends on what you want to lug around with you.

BTW, you can get the new Raynox 2.2x for the C-7x0 and turn it into a 83.6-836mm lems). ;-)

If you decide on the ultra zooms, you have to decide if you want a smaller unit (765/770) then you can't use AAs (they use a proprietary lithium-ion battery). Do you want to use external flash (look for one with hotshoe, the 765 DOESN'T have one). Do you want to shoot high quality movies (look at the 770, but personally I'd get a video camera).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 10:18 PM   #3

I spent a few minutes looking at a 765 today and wasn't too impressed with its appearance. However the viewfinder did look a little smoother and the manual focus "blowup" in the centerdid seem nicer. The auto-focus still failed at full zoom in the indoor lighting. Don't know if I would like the memory card on the bottom.

Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote