Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 11, 2002, 10:41 AM   #1
Default Different codes in Australia

I hope someone can help me..... I have only had two digital cameras, the latest one was an Olympus 900 Zoom which I got over two years ago. I droped it and now it will cost over $800 Australian dollars to fix.
So might as well buy another camera, but after reading lots of reviews I am no nearer as to which one I want......I have got down to the Olympus C720 and the Fuji finepix 2800zoom. What is the next one up from the C720. Can anyone give me some advice on these two cameras...
I take photo's of dogs, voice over would be an advantage for me, so I could remember which dog it was. Movie would be a good move as well, as I have family all over the place.....
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:38 PM   #2

You can read the reviews at Steve's Digicams...

The C-720, which I've got an am very happy with, does not have audio for its movies so you'd have to find another way to remember which dog it was. This has always been a challenge for me since I too take a lot of dog pictures (about a 1000 basset hound pictures on our club web site taken with a Mavica FD-7).

The next step up from a C-720 seems to be a C-730 but it's not out here yet - you can search the forums to get some early info on it.

ewilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:37 PM   #3

You may want to consider a step down to the C-2100, which is just loaded with all the features you may ever want. It has the capacity to record a 4 second sound clip with each picture, takes up to 320x240 movies, and has a digitally stabilized 10x optical zoom that's hard to beat. You can get sharp and clear 8x10 prints with this 2.1 MP camera. I own one and recommend it highly...That's my suggestion...

[Edited on 9-12-2002 by lg]
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2002, 4:46 PM   #4

Just a thought, I bought the Nikon 4500 for digiscoping, but it has the features you want in audio for movie mode and a 20 sec. voice record for each shot. Plus, at 4 megapixels and full manual or auto, it takes a pretty good pix.
I didn't think I would like the swivel lens, but now that I have had it for a few months, I can see a lot of advantages.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote