Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 10, 2004, 5:45 PM   #1

Just thought I'd share this...

I bought a C-4000 from Costco a month ago for $250. I really liked the features of the camera for that price. However, low light shots weren't as nice. I wanted to see what my options were if returned the C-4000 and got something else. As you might expect, I found a lot of praise for the C-5050. However, I wasn't willing to play up to $600 that most places were charging. Later, I considered refurbished models for about $380 when I found a brand NEW one at BeachCamera.com for $409. YAY, I thought. So, I returned my C-4000 to Costco a month after purchase and ordered the C-5050 yesterday. Yyou gotta love this about Costco - no box and I think I could have even waited longer to return it since they alow returns of notebook computers for 6 months, I believe. Since the price of the camera was so low compared to other places, I had it shipped overnight for an extra $30.

OMG! It's like this thing can see in the dark or something. I just tested it and it took great pictures in low light settings. I knew I'd a difference but I didn't realize it would be so dramatic. I loved the C-4000 but damn, this model is just so cool. Then there's all those added features. Boy, the extra $160 (plus, shipping) I spent sure was worth it. Furthermore, I can still use all those accessories that I bought for the C-4000.

So, if anyone out there was thinking about getting the C-4000 at Costco for $250 and you just wanted a few more features, get the C-5050 for $160 more. It's worth it.
ravenlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links