Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:15 AM   #1

I just bought a S/H c-2100 uz having used a sony mavica fd-73 for years. I'm delighted with the camera, but so far I can't get the hang of taking sport pictures. With my sony I knew that when I pressed the shutterI would get what the camera was 'seeing' at that moment, whereaswith the c-2100 there seems to be a delay? I've got the 's-prg' mode set to 'sport' and there's nothing wrong with the quality of the picture, it's just 'late'. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the shutter release on my camera?
anotherbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:07 AM   #2

Well the C2100 UZ may not be the ideal camera for action sports photography. However I've had excellent results shooting fast-moving events like alpine skiing, bike time trial/criterium races, foot races, at tractor pulls, etc. with my UZ.

A few suggestions: 1 – Anticipate where the action will be and pan your shot with the movement. 2 – Preset the focus – either by manually focusing or by using the autofocus set at the spot where you want the shot. (Prefocusing dramatically reduces shutter lag with the UZ). 3 – Practice! Take your camera at a few loop-type events (running track, bike crit, car race, etc) and shoot with reckless abandon! With experience you will develop a "feel" for the amount of lead required.
Attached Images
FarmallBob is offline   Reply With Quote