Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 2, 2004, 8:19 AM   #1

I saw the C725 and liked the 8x optical zoom but I can't find any reviews or comments about it. If you know anything about it, please let me know. Thanks. Whit
whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:12 AM   #2

Most C-7x0 users will tell you to avoid this camera...it's basically a C-720 but instead of using Smartmedia memory it uses the new xD memory. Now the reason why most C-7x0 users will tell you to avoid the C-720 and C-725 is those cameras do not have manual focusing available...the long zoom cameras are not good in lower light, and many times manual focusing comes in handy, but as the C-72x's have no manual focus they are useless in those situations. Also there's no way to connect an external flash (except by using a slave) but the focus issue was the big one that turned many C-7x0 users off (including myself since I had to choose between the then current C-720 and the year old C-700 model).

The 720 was really a stripped down economy (cheap) C-7x0 and the C-725 is the xD version of this camera.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun shooting challenges for ALL C-7x0 users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote