Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 15, 2002, 5:39 AM   #1
Default flash for the e-10

the fl-40 , is the only flash that works with the olympus e-10? , or another flash not so expansive
eny from sunpak?
if somebody know please let me know
thanks for your answers
chanoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2002, 4:47 PM   #2

Any flash will work on the E-10, just not in TTL. The only other flashes that work in TTL just like the FL-40 are the Metz 54MZ-3 and 70MZ-5 (with appropriate SCA 3202 adapter) which are more expensive than the FL-40, but you get what you pay for in more power output and other features not available on the FL-40.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2002, 12:55 PM   #3

I was advised to buy the FL-40 in combination with the E10. I never regretted it doing so. The FL-40 E10 combination is a almost perfect one.
You really get VALUE for your money. I do agree that the price is not one of the lowest.
ramermaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2002, 8:56 AM   #4

A few things to consider about the FL-40. If you have heavy usage needs you may want to consider a flash with an AC power plug. FL -40 does not have one and this for me is becomming a large shortcomming on this flash. It eats batterys especialy if you need a fast recycle time.

Another thing as stated before is the flash power. It does well but other flashes have more power.

I just had to send my E-20 in for repair. One of the problems I started to experience is that when ever i would change batterys in my flash with it still connected to the camera it would lock the camera up after my first shutter release. Not sure why this was but it did. This was after turning both the camera and flash off.

FL-40 is a good flash, but only if you are going to use it in controled shooting situations.
JDickens is offline   Reply With Quote