Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 28, 2004, 4:26 PM   #11

julie3y wrote:
Could you say more details of how? (I wonder if having the C750 for a "short time" might have made a difference? I just got mine and it seems to take a while to learn)
I am a long time C-2100 and C-4000 user. Therefore I was familiar with the features and the menu structure of the C-750, which is almost identical with the C-4000.
The differences I noticed in favour of the the C-770 are:
Faster zooming and shooting (still very long turn-on time).
Improved focusing at dim light (still wanting for a focus assist light).
Powerful flash from wide to tele.
Improved EVF.
Attractive MP4 movie mode.
Small size and black finish for unobstrusive picture taking. (I wish Olympus would offer the black finish everywhere).
As for the picture quality, I can not see a difference between the two.
Some of the most excellent pictures were taken with the C-750. I trust that you will not be disappointed.

Cheers, Herbert
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 9:46 PM   #12

That's why I got a couple of rechargeable Lithium CRV3's for my 750. They do last a long time and don't seem to self discharge much, but I don't usually let them sit around for that long after charging. They're also pretty easy to change in a hurry as there are only two and no polarity problems to worry about.

HerbertRD wrote:
One battery block is easier to change than 4 separate cells, each to be inserted with the correct polarity. With picture taking stress and AA cells, more than once I felt I didn't have enough hands or pockets.

The biggest disadvantage of NiMH batteries is the high self-discharge rate of 2-5% per day. You can not trust your batteries, if you don't charge frequently. Lithium batteries are extremely good in that respect.
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 9:24 PM   #13

Herbert, That gives me a much better idea of the differences. Thanks!
julie3y is offline   Reply With Quote