Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 7, 2004, 8:59 AM   #1

I am totally new to this: Do I need the tube adapter to put an UV-Filter on the C-4000? This would make the camera even bulkier .... If yes, are there any other ways to protect the lens?
nagyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2004, 9:54 AM   #2

The lens adapter tube is the only way that I am aware of that you can mount a UV filter on your Olympus. Check Filter Connectionfor avariety of tubes and filters available. Link to Filter Connection adapters -

Also, Pemaraal Online stocks Olympus brand adapters (CLA-1 for your Olympus C-4000). I bought two lenses for my C-730 from Pemaraal and found it to be an excellent on-line dealer. Link to theirOlympusadapters -

I think there are two questions you will need to ask yourself -first, what color do I want the tube to be, silver or black? Secondly, what size filter ring to get? They range from 43mm to 52mm. If you think you will be adding any supplemental lenses, I would look at a 52mm. Otherwise you would probably want a 43mm (lower profile.)

Enjoy your Olympus C-4000.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-07

plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 3:28 PM   #3

The issue is, you not only want to protect the lens from dust and scratches, but you also want to protect the lens barrel from being bumped out of alignment (which several C-series users have done). Also the camera breathes when the lens extends and retracts, sucking in dust, unless you seal it with the tube.

Yes it makes the camera a little bulkier, but it also makes the camera more robust...I've never taken my tube off my C-700 since I bought it; although with the C-700 with the low positioned internal flash on the C-4000 may have problems with lens shadow at wider angle shots.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote