Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 16, 2004, 8:33 PM   #1

I have just bought an Olympus C-770UZ and have found that when you connect the Camera to the AV port of the TV and playback your pics, some are waving or shimmering in the top third of the screen.

Appears to be worse with white photos (I took some of yesterday's snow) and it was quite noticeable. Tried two Tv's with same result.

Pics were taken in SHQ and HQ (2288 x 1712)

My brother has an older Olympus and hasn't had the problem. Talked to a TV Tech who said its likely to be caused by camera and some sort of compatibility issue.

Can anyone help? Would really appreciate some ideas or solutions!!!
JeffNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:24 AM   #2

Quality of the pic (compression or resolution) doesn't matter at all because your TV is way below any setting you'll use (TV is only 640x480 pixels). Problems like this are usually caused by a poor connection between the device and the TV (not too surprising with these cams and the cheap connections included).

Try different TVs (which you've done, but if both are old, try some more), using as many different inputs you can (video1, 2, etc., even try through a VCR). Try isolating what you need by disconnecting or at least shutting off unneeded devices (cable receiver, DVD player, etc., etc.). Try another cable, it might be hard to get your hands on one, but could be a legit problem vs. a problem inside the camera. I have found that not all AV cables are compatible, so make sure you try another C770 compatible cable.

I don't understand what compatibility issue was eluded to you, the video feed is 100% standard. Make sure you have your video out set to NTSC vs PAL (which is used in Europe), but I don't think it would work at all if you had it set to PAL.
tjk3052 is offline   Reply With Quote