Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 7, 2004, 8:48 PM   #1

First off==I know it's old! But, I have owned it since they were hot and really do like it. This weekend however, it seems it doesn't realize the card is in it. I tried 3 different ones, they work / read in my computer but not in the camera. We are moving and a week ago I packed all my books up. If it were only a box or 2 I would open them and look for it, but there are like 14 boxes of books!

On the screen it says no card, on the info screen there is an exclamation point flashing and also a flashing E (for error I am assuming). I use the camera for fun, I am not a professional so, can someone help or give me some ideas where to go with this? I sure don't want to fork over another 1500 for a new camera as little as I use one...Thanks so much

Margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:53 PM   #2

Hi Margie,

I had the same problem a few years ago. I removed all the batteries, including the clock battery and left them out for a day or so. When I refitted them the error had cleared.

I hope this solves your problem.

I'm assuming you have the correct card selected on the SM/CF switch. If so try a card in the other slot.

viking9 is offline   Reply With Quote