Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:47 AM   #1

I had problems with my 5050. All the pictures were faint, and had thin horizontal lines running through them.

I called the Oly fix-it folks, and was given a figure of $180+ for repair. Found the form on the web, which indicated they needed a service order number. Called back--they gave me a number. Put that on the form, along with the CC Authorization for the money.

After I determined they'd received the camera, I checked the status. That indicated they were awaiting authorization for $196.10 to repair the camera. I authorized that, via the web.

After a week or so, I check status again, on the web. It indicates they're awaiting authorization of the 196.10.

I picked up the phone, and called them. After two separate hold sessions, the 2nd human indicated they were awaiting authorization of the money. I told herI'd already authorized it twice. She apologized, and said they've been having problems with their web-authorization for repair services.

Anyhow, I gave her the information authorizing the charge.And she indicated my camera isnow in the system for repair.

It is now Oct. 6. I told her, also, that we were going away for a week on Oct 12. And I did not want the camera shipped (they use UPS,) before Oct. 18 (if, indeed, it should be repaired rapidly.) We return on the 19th.

I like the 5050. But I'm glad I've got my trusty Coolpix 800 as backup.... And I'm not going anywhere next weekthat's hugely photogenic (Minneapolis.)

And, oh yeah: I'll be checking CC statements VERY closely for the next few months....

bookhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:49 AM   #2

and more on how they "support" their customers...

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote