Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:39 PM   #1

I have a Tiffen tube and a 43mm UV protector on my Oly 5050. I want a WCON and TCON. Do I remove the UV protector and add the lenses? Do the lenses thread nto the protector? Do I need a step up ring for the tube? Assistance please?
cram33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 9:04 AM   #2

Well if the filter end of the Tiffen tube has a 43mm thread you will need a 43-to-55 mm step-up ring to connect the WCON-0.7x and the TCON 1.7 .

When using my Oly C-750 I always remove the UV filter before attaching the TCON or the WCON. But notice that the filters are threaded so one could in principle attach either the lens or the step-up ring and the lens to the filter. I use the UV filter more for physical protection of the camera lens and the mechanism that holds it than for anything else.

Dacol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:26 PM   #3

Dacol is right, you will need the 43 to 55mm step up ring. ive read that you can leave the UV filter inbetween your step up ring and the Tiffen tube. this would save you from buying a larger UV filter as well.
DiscoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 2:21 PM   #4

I would recommend removing any filter before applying the W or TCON. That way you minimize getting any internal reflections.

SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote