Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:30 PM   #1

ive been reading these forums for a wee while now and have soaked up loads of valuable information!!! Thanks!

But now i have a question myself -

where would i be able to buy an adapter tube for my camera (c-765) that is 45.6 - 55mm in silver? Really a silver CLA-4!!! i dont have any make in mind at all, or even if it has to be shipped from another country!

lynsey.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:57 PM   #2

Look on eBay.

I have seen some 3rd party vendors that have silver adapter tubes listed there. I cannot speak as to the quality of these. These are generally by the same vendors that sell "Titanium" or "High Definition" lenses. These lenses are generally considered around here to be garbage optically, but the tube might be usable.

ALL the Olympus and Raynox tubes will be black, even though I have seen some CLA-4s on eBay that appear silver in the picture, but if they are real CLA-4s, they will be black. If you are not sure it is silver from the listing, you probably ought to ask the seller. I have a black Raynox tube which is quite well made.

MAKE SURE the front threads are what you want, as they vary.
Olympus is 55mm
Raynox is 52mm
I think I have seen 49mm tubes

segbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:18 AM   #3

I don't understand why people want silver tubes, expecially when most filters and lenses are black (to me the black filter on a silver tube looks far UGLIER)...

BUT, you can order silver tubes via http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/digitubes.html (although the max size is 52mm diameter...the only way to get 55mm is to go with the CLA-4 or use a step-up ring with a risk of vignetting).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 2:22 PM   #4

This is a good vendor, I've bought several items from them.
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:17 PM   #5

An important consideration for me was matching the filter size (52MM) of my SLR. I haven't seen any issues on my 720 with the 2 Fillters brand tube. I like the silver because it matches the camera body. They offered a silver finish fliter but I didn't specify it and got black. NBD for me. The people at 2fliters are super to deal with.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 5:25 AM   #6

Hi Lisey,

If you consider to use the tube with the Olympus WCON-07 converter, the adapter must be the original Olympus CLA-4. Second suppliers 52mm parts with a 52/55mm step-up ring do cause dark corners (vignetting).

Regards, Herbert
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote