Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 8, 2004, 10:32 PM   #1

Has anybody come across something that works well as a rear cap on the 45.6mm end of a C-7xx lens tube?

I have a C-750 that normally always has a Raynox lens tube and UV filter mounted on it. I also have several 52mm lenses and accessories.

I just got a TCON-17 and a CLA-4 to go with it, because my research indicates it is sharper than the Raynox 1850, and a good deal came along on one.

When using the TCON, I'd like to be able to just pop off the Raynox tube-UV filter as a unit, pop a snap-in 52mm lens cap on the front, and something on the rear, and stash it in my bag without worrying about getting crud inside and carrying it back into the camera lens when I re-mount the tube.
segbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2004, 7:49 PM   #2

I've made end cap holders from elastic like is sold at yard goods stores. Works better than rubber bands. Make one loop just shorter then your longesst length and another for the tube circumference. You cna connect them (sew together in one spot) or use them separately. I put the long one on first (which holds the end cap) then the diameter one to hold the long one in place. It's a little tricky but mine came out fine. You have to know how to sew or know someone who can. These are very simple. I used the same principle as a lense cap holder.....Let me know if you want more detail.