Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:40 AM   #1

I've recently seen descriptions of slide-holding devices, some back-lit, for shooting high-res copies of old photographic slides to very nice digital copies on cameras.

Does anyone know of a set-up for the C-4000?

A universal set-up that screws into the 41mm lens would function perfectly.

I do have the lens adapter to 52mm, if there's universal slide-carriers that screw into 52mm, that could work, however at minimum zoom the rounded corners of the adapter show up, so it should hold the slide out a ways from the threaded attachment.

Thanks! TStockma
tstockma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:06 PM   #2

I kind of like this one:

Many others only handle rectangular 35mm format slides. This will handle anything in standard size slide mounts. We have some old square format slides (about 1"x1" image) which my nifty slide scanner chops down to a 35mm rectangle, that this one should handle.

It does not have a macro lens in it. This is good and bad. You may have to supply your own lens, but you can select the quality. You may alrady have a suitable macro lens.

You might also check eBay for a used slide scanner. I got a SCSI one with digital ICE for about $150, which is about twice what you can expect to pay for a decent slide copier attachment.
segbert is offline   Reply With Quote