Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:46 PM   #1

Well, as much as I love Olympus, been an Olympian for 20+ years, I have decided to sell my 8080.

I've had alot of focusing problems, (im sure the majoritymy ownmistakes) and dead/hot pixels.I think for what I need it for, kid pix, its just too much of a camera for me. My last camera, the 5050 was fabulous. I miss it.

Olympus'amazing customer service department is sending me a new camera which is due to arrive tomorrow. Olympus offered to replace it with a brand new 8080, fully checked out by the supervisor in tech support.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it is really just too much of a thinking photographers camera. Since having my girls, 7 years ago, I found myself focused more on them and less on f stops.

So, I ask you guys, where is the best place to try to sell it. I would prefer selling it privately, as opposed to Ebay. Just a little aprehensive.

I've got extra's, UV filter, Circular Polarizer, Print out of the full reference manual, alot of memory cards, have to take count, and the Olympus media wallet.

I dont know ifthis is the appropriate place to post the information. If there is a more fitting area, i'd be happy to move my note.

I dont expect to be gone long, I can't imagine being without an Olympus. Im taking a look around at the UZI's, I have to admit, they really seem fabulous.

If anyone would like to email me, my address is rittlette@yahoo.com

:-) Debra
rittlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links