Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:48 AM   #11

Since you mentioned work computers, are you on a network with mapped drives? WinXP will sometimes try to map external devices to a drive letter that is already mapped to a network share, resulting in the camera not showing up in explorer. Your coworker's computer may have different drive mappings allowing the camera to show up. Look in computer management/disk management the next time you have the camera plugged in and see if it shows up as a physical drive. If so, then simply change it to a free drive letter. If not, then you may have some USB compatibility issue to work out.

Amethyst wrote:
hi, the only thing is that some computers will see my camera to dl photos and some won't - even tho all the computers are windows xp! doesn't seem to matter if sp2 or not. weird thing. My computer at work won't see it at all but my coworkers will. exact same computer. same build at same time. both xp pro. any suggestions? amethyst
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:00 AM   #12

thanks. will look tomorrow. yes, it is a networked computer so will check. thanks for the extremely fast response! was just posting on a another board here. ba
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote