Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 3, 2004, 2:40 AM   #1

I was trying out a C-750 the other day, and noticed that the LCD display (on the camera back) was quite hot after only 10 or 15 minutes of use (in Record, or picture taking, mode). Is it normal for it to be hot that quickly?

I'm particularly interested in temperatures of C-750/755/740 LCD displays, but I'd also appreciate temperature information from other cameras.

EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:45 AM   #2

I shot with my fathers C-740 for about 20 minutes, andtheLCDgot warm, not hot.The 2100UZI doesn't seem to get warm, but it appears to be built differently, with a piece of lexan covering the LCD. The EX-S3, with a similar coveringdoesn't get warm. Thanks for the advice on the pixel problem with the 740!
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 3:15 PM   #3

I have used my C-750(love the cam) for just over a year and I have been having this problem from quite some time. It never really struck me consciously till some time ago. My cam's LCD normally get warm->hot in say 15 mins. However I do use the camera extensively; taking 50-100 pics at a time.
:|I always used to attribute the heat to this fact. Well mate you have really scared me now - got to find the answer reaal quick.:roll:
brijwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote